• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from Yorkshire....

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hello and welcome Dennis. Plenty on info on here as well as some very knowledgeable people. How long have you been turning

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Another from up t'north. Ay up lad, you'll love it on here, good advice, stacks of know how, very nice people. But you will need to see your doctor to keep up with the medication. I'm not sure how the figures are now, but search for York part deux. We are being allowed out for the day, it'll be like a good old carry on... Carry On Turning.

Turnturnturn

Apprentice Member
First Name
Dennis
Well that was a warm welcome guys,
"the asylum" Hmmm sounds like im going to feel right at home here. :drool:

Ive not turned much wood (yet) mainly brass,steel etc.. but i run a medium sized Boxford lathe and am looking to turn some others materials say acrylic, stabilized materials and more to my interest the m3 metal composites which so far i am struggling to find a UK supplier never mind one that can cater the length of blank im after. To be fair i cant find much info on the stuff either.

If anyone has had any experience with the mokume gane/m3 type composites id love to hear.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, Feels like you guys have a nice little community going on here even if it is known as " the asylum" :lmao:

First Name
Dan
Well that was a warm welcome guys,
"the asylum" Hmmm sounds like im going to feel right at home here. :drool:

Ive not turned much wood (yet) mainly brass,steel etc.. but i run a medium sized Boxford lathe and am looking to turn some others materials say acrylic, stabilized materials and more to my interest the m3 metal composites which so far i am struggling to find a UK supplier never mind one that can cater the length of blank im after. To be fair i cant find much info on the stuff either.

If anyone has had any experience with the mokume gane/m3 type composites id love to hear.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, Feels like you guys have a nice little community going on here even if it is known as " the asylum" :lmao:

Woody has turned m3. He got the from Vince I believe but very expensive. Only seem to produce the in USA.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
WElcome Dennis as an avid watcher of Antiques shows from the BBC I was beginning to think Yorkshire was the home of most of the ancient or old buildings and gardens of note I include a pic of my Hercus Lathe since the Boxford is a cousin to the Hercus and I love my lathe as well.

Peter:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Attachments

• Hercus and Dremel 6-27-2008 11-46-043.JPG
    Hercus and Dremel 6-27-2008 11-46-043.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 15

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Hi Ya Dennis, Tons of advice and some great banter to be had on here. Enjoy it mate !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 15
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).