• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Staghorn Sumac

Jim

Grand Master
Just had some of this given, a small piece about 8" long X 3" wide, and two pieces about 14" x 5" .... Never heard of it until today, can anyone who has turned it give me some advise on it please .... :thinks:

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for that Rowdy, some good looking blanks in that link ... :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
The guy actually brought me a few pieces of the Staghorn, i turned a piece round today to have a good look at the grain, which looked quite nice. All the ends have now been sealed and will leave well alone until it is dried out ...

staghorn.jpg

This is the piece i turned, but the picture quality isn't that good, the colour of the wood is more Olive Green ...

staghorn_sumac.jpg

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).