• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

2 Havana fountain pens

mervyn cadman

Both Havana kits (high-end Rhodium and the other Titanium Gold) the Rhodium kit is with Deer Antler and the Gold kit with my favourite wood is Honduras Rosewood - notice how the grain matches up nicely and that the clips are in line with the nibs in an open position, also when the pen is closed the grain matches up as they should do, both pens where commisioned by one customer and sold for £95.00 each, these kits are one of my biggest sellers they are short and stumpy taking tubes that require 14.5 and 12.5 drill bits.

Thought I would share these with you guys. are forgot to mention that a 1/8 tenon is required for the center ring.

Regards Mervyn

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Merv, Like the workmanship, like the wood, but my preference would be to leave the horn on the deer, or the antler in the park and eat the deer!

Nice attention to detail to get the clips to line up and the grain in the open position, but you mention the grain lines up in the closed position as well? How do you work that one out?

Jim

Grand Master
Two super looking pens Merv, as said above, i also have not heard of this pen before, is it a higher end cigar pen? :thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).