• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Streamline Pen With Malachite Corian

Jim

Grand Master
A Streamline twist style pen made from Malachite Corian. The corian is bluey green colour with tiny black, light green and white speckles, the accents are finished in gun-metal ..

Streamline_pen_Malachite_corian.jpg

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Nice looking pen Jim. I've not turned corian yet but my mate who fits kitchens is looking out for some for me. Whats it like to turn, is it anything like acrylic? I've turned a few crylic but don't particularly like it, I much prefer natural wood.

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for the comment Keith, corian is very easy to turn as long as the tools are sharp .. The main thing with turning this material is very similar to acrylic, take very little cuts, if you go in to hard with the tool you will certainly have mishaps. I honestly love corian, it comes up lovely to after sanding and polishing .. :thumbs:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
Nice.... Good colour matching from the blanks and metal work

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Yes the 2 colours really go together. Quality pen Jim. :bwink:

I have only turned a few streamline pens, they are nice pens which are slightly thicker than a slimline one, but my only negative is thatt the center band on the streamline is rather loose, which can be annoying. :down:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).