• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Barrel trimmers

Baldy

Fellow
First Name
Graeme
OK I got a small diamond card thingymebober.. was having trouble trimming oak blanks and remembered about the card.. wow night and day.. sharpen those barrel trimmers.. as has got dull over time never noticed..

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
You can tell when you need to sharpen a barrel trimmer when you get more smoke than shavings :devil:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Speed it up and push harder I thought that's all you had to do?
Sharpen? How does that go now?

Midnightlunchbox

Registered
First Name
Craig
It would be nice if "they" made a trimmer with a large enough diameter to suit the largest of pens (Panache is too big for them) and barrel sleeves that suit all the larger pen tubes rather than faffing around turning your own sleeves. This might happen yet though.

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
It would be nice if "they" made a trimmer with a large enough diameter to suit the largest of pens (Panache is too big for them) and barrel sleeves that suit all the larger pen tubes rather than faffing around turning your own sleeves. This might happen yet though.
Turning your own sleeves dose take much time once done they last for ages

Jim

Grand Master
Guys like that Rick Herrell, are very handy to have around Terry, and Yugo, if it works that's all that matters .. :thumbs:

Scots Bill

Registered
First Name
Bill
Funnily enough I did exactly the same thing to my barrel trimmer with an American EZE LAP it has two halves of a handle that open out into a handle, blade! is four inches by three quarters, has two grit sizes and is continuous grit, if you know what I mean. The difference it made to that trimmer in use was impressive. I was touching up my skew chisel with it as well, handy thing.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).