• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Belt and Disc Sander

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
I have been on the lookout for a Belt and Disc sander, has anyone got any suggestions on a good one?
Been using a homemade attachment on my lathe which isn't to bad, but it means converting it everytime to do a little sanding and I just thought that a dedicated tool would be better.

I have been offered brand new Clarke CS4-6D Belt And Disc Sander for £85.00 basically VAT free.

Buy or not to buy thats is the question?
Any comments greatly received.....:thinks:

Help, offer ends Sunday.

Jim

Grand Master
Rowdy the price is bang on, but regarding the sander i could give you a review on this and similar Sanders, but you will find that they are just about all the same just different names and colours ... Including the Cotech, Draper, Sealey (Which i have) and Record to name a few ...

But in answer to your question at that price i would buy it ... :bwink:

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Got it. Not Bad, alot easier to get a nice flat sanded surface. Angles are easy as well....
Its quite solid and the dust extraction seems pretty good.:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Rowdy, you can sharpen your chisels on it too, if the belt table will tilt away to 45 and 65 degree angles. Easy enough to make a couple of clamp-on guides.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).