• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Do i or Dont i?

Incognitouk

i am very tempted to get back into the world of casting again, but as some of you are aware i now reside in sunny California, but not having any contacts in the US i am a bit dubious/concerned about if the outlay is going to be worth it or not lol

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Gosh California to Texas freight would be so cheap compared with over here also there are many firms who cast for a living who run a service seems like you are in a better place right now. Bush fires out your way? They took a large team of firies from over here recently looked bad.

Peter.

Bigblackdog

Registered
First Name
Mark
for me, it depends on:

1. whether you can purchase what you are proposing to make, at a reasonable cost and quality
2. the volume you propose to use.

Terry Q

Fellow
First Name
Terry
If it's Alumilite you are casting Curtis would be my supplier of choice. I buy all my stabilizing supplies from him. He an honest and honorable man that will spend as much time as need until you are comfortable with whichever process you are attempting. Welcome to TurnTex Woodworks!

If you haven't already found this site I recommend you check them out. Lots of casters post here. IAP Home

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Most impressed with Curtis is by my definition a pioneer having developed his own brew never have I heard anything but praise for him it was my reference to Texas to assist earlier.

Peter.

Jim

Grand Master
Many members won't have seen your blanks Stuart, so i think you ought to get back into it for sure .. You certainly cracked the multi coloured twist blank before you moved away .. If you decide not to then how about you give me your secret .. :pray:

Good to see you drop in again my friend .. :thumbs:

Just to remind you what blanks Stuart was working on before moving ..

The Blanks

The Pen

Incognitouk

Its been a little over two years since i stopped and i still haven't seen anyone reproduce these or come anywhere near close :P
and thank you Jim for remembering :)
Cactus fire.jpg
pink and white candy cane.jpg
firey sky.jpg

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Looking at those blanks I would say that you MUST get back into it.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).