• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

For kina and eric

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Some time ago our eldest granddaughter and her husband came to visit, Eric fell in love with some dressed timber in instrument grade Tassie Blackwood some large heavy pieces of Tassie Blackhearted Sassafras, some real big thick pieces of Huon Pine at the back of the front stuff. Cast a gaze at the Hairy Oak slices 20mm thick in front now you can see why I fell for this timber these are the largest cross cut I have seen, enough cut and dressed box timber on the left front etc etc. The Highly figured blackwood in back is enough for two Guitars blazing reds, orandes etc.

I refuse to have money change hands in family so since they have an IT business ( also Lenovo agents) suggested they make me up a computer of some quality this they did and I received a new stuffed with goodies IBM Lenovo Desktop 7 inches square by 2 inches deep as a swap. They live 300 km in Sydney coming to collect tomorrow.

Quick pic on the front verandah.

Kind regards Peter.:rolling:

Attachments

• DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 35

Jim

Grand Master
That Blackhearted Sassafras is sooooooooo much different than the one i have .. :sob:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
A quick pic using flash at 6am in the front verandah showing more pieces of Black Hearted Sassafras it has been dressed and is quite reflective the Orange, reds in the Tasmanian Blackwood instrument grade is visible as well the two Sassie on the bottom left are 50mm deep will slice some neat boards. There are some hefty pieces of Huon in back there.

Now the Huon and Sassafras, Blackwood a result of a month and 5000 km around Tasmania visit a few yrs ago to quite a journey in itself. No timber in any form fell off the back of a truck or appeared by magic it was obtained the hard way following mill research, contacts and hard yakka. They in Tasmania know what they have is valuable and try to value add the best way they can. The two Tiger Striped reds in the front first pic are Hairy Oak and they came from thousands of kms north of where I live. I mention distances to convey to you freight costs within our country which in my Avatar you can see can be considerable. Our Working With Wood Show kicks off here on friday will take some pics of my Woodcraft Guild exhibits and some timber on the stalls for the show. The show folks treat our Guild kindly with space for our annual Exhibition, prize night prior to show for the club. I dont enter in Competitions Shows often I find them like Dog Shows Cat Shows Eistedfords not to bring out the best in members taking away my main aim in life to share.

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 14
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).