• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A new member and a hello

Incognitouk

Hi there

my name is Stuart

I live in Herefordshire

Firstly

I am truly astounded at the amazing craftsmanship I have seen on this forum, if i wore a hat i would take it off and never put it back on in respect. :rock:

Secondly

I am still fairly new (greener than green) to turning on a whole, i do own a small lathe, but due to my work commitments and other stuff, haven't really had much time to get on the tools and be creative.

I am looking to get into casting acrylic blanks, have a few ideas and designs in mind, none of which i have seen available in this country, i am still in the R&D stage of the designs, but hope to have some examples ready by or just after the weekend. If all goes to plan, and with my knowledge of turning pen blanks which is absolutely zero, and forum rules allow it, i will be looking for volunteers to try them out, FREEBIES who doesn't love freebies. :noway1:

so

thank you for taking the time to read my insane drivel and look forward to future discussions and lessons.

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Welcome, you will get killed in the rush for the freebies :funny:

Seriously, this place is ideal for new turners like us, you will find a wealth of experience and above all a bunch of people who love to share the knowledge.

Enjoy !

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Stuart, look forward to seeing what you can create with the acrylic ... :bwink:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Welcome Stuart welcome to the mad house I am the only sane one here LOL look forward to seeing your results in casting pen blanks

Incognitouk

Thank you for the welcome

i don't want to give to much away about the designs i have in mind but i will give a little snifter of info for the curiously minded!

im sure everyone knows what a barber pole is :thinks:

Incognitouk

oh and sorry Jim for posting my hello in the wrong forum section i did look for an "introduce yourself" section but i must have my wrong glasses on

Incognitouk

thank Steven but i live in Herefordshire not Hertfordshire i don't class myself as either a southerner or a northerner i guess i'm an in-betweener :thinks:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Welcome to the forum Stuart. It's a miscomprehension that this is a pen turners forum. All that you get on here are a bunch of comedians!!!!!!!!!!

And another thing if you believe Jims pens are good let me tell you he buys them by the bucket load every Saturday from Poundland!!!!!
LOL:whistling::whistling::whistling:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Welcome Stuart , I'm the only one with any decorum on here:fart: but I'm also the one with the least knowledge when it comes to turning pens ..you will do well if you listen to this lot :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).