PDA

View Full Version : Adding an active link to my web site

spike589715
08-03-16, 00:39
Hi guys
Just wondering if I can add an active link to my sig ? If so how to do this ?
I have had a bump round and added it but it's not a click and go just txt ?
Thanks for any assistance

Simon

rayf6604
08-03-16, 06:26
You need to be on the forum using a Web browser, not Tapatalk on a smartphone, go to edit profile and edit signature, and either enter the Web address, I'd copy and paste it to be sure, or you can use the hyperlink button in the text box. This will allow you to make the link appear as a title or whatever description you want it to be rather than appear as the full Web address. Hope that makes sense :thinks:

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

spike589715
08-03-16, 11:40
Hi Ray
Thanks for the post - I have tried and I can enter text into the sig area but not it seems a hyperlink ?? possibly something I am missing ?
would be great if my pages could be on an active link to save anyone who is interested copying and pasting etc

Many thanks
Simon

Buckeye
08-03-16, 11:51
Click on edit signature in the UserCP and you will see an icon of the globe with a chain link, if you click on that icon a box will open and you type in the address that you want to link, then save changes and that's it.

Peter

Phil Dart
08-03-16, 11:54
It may be something to do with forum permissions Simon. You need to have posted a certain number of times for some facilities to become available to you, and you currently only have 7. One of the mods will be along soon to help you out I'm sure.

Phil Dart
08-03-16, 11:54
Oops - crossed post - sorry Peter

Buckeye
08-03-16, 11:57
Oops - crossed post - sorry Peter

You may be right, I didn't think about permissions. If Simon can't do it the way I said then maybe it is permissions, let me know Simon and I will have a look.

Peter

Jim
08-03-16, 19:05
It is to do with permissions guys, not 100% sure but i believe you get it after 10 posts .. :winking:

spike589715
09-03-16, 14:51
Thanks for the replies
I will re visit when I have posted some more !

Cheers
Simon