• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Protective clothing

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Just spent an hour or so in the garage sawing, drilling and sanding blanks. Came back in the house covered in saw dust and shavings, senior management not amused!
What protective clothing, if any, do you use?

keith

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I used to find a cricket box was very useful when entering the house covered in shavings :sob::sob:

These days I don a smock, infact I could do with a new one so it`s on my list of things to buy from the Harrogate show, unless anyone knows of a cheaper alternative?

Jim

Grand Master
I bought a smock from the Harrogate show a few years ago but i never wear it ... :rolling:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
I bought a work gilet from Aldi last week £9.99....it zips up right under the chin and stops sawdust trickling down your neck over that I use a leather apron which the sawdust just brushes off.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Wy workshop is split in two half's 1/2 workshop 1/2 games room and I keep a set of clothes in the games room and change when i have finished

MikeD

Registered
I wear a boiler suit and make sure the leggings are outside the rigger boots I wear. That way shavings and sawdust do not get onto my socks and I have enough pockets for pencils, tools and curry puffs :tongue:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
:vomit: You pair in your shorts & vests ????

Blimey Woody you're full of imagery today that I could have lived without :funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).