• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ball in a Cube - WIP

Jim

Grand Master
Excellent John, thanks for taking the time to show us this tutorial .. It is also added to the Tutorial page ... :thumbs:

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Thanks John, Brilliant I will have a go at this but not just yet. Need more practise to get my turning skills up for this one
Once again Cheers....

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Brilliant John! I would never have conceived of turning the ball INSIDE the cage, although I couldn't see any other way to do it. I've seen the 'cage in a cage' one where you drill each face with Forster bits, but this is just stupendous. Thanks for taking the time to show us.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Talk about making something sound easy :funny:

Wayyyyyyyy beyond me, but maybe one day.

The only reason things are way beyond most turners is confidence the only way forward in turning is to try have a go God only knows the amount of times I have stuck a lump of wood on the lathe and not had a clue trial and error is a great teacher you will never forget what you have learned but you pay for a lesson and I will guarantee you will forget some of what you paid to learn if you fancy it have a go at it the first one wont be perfect but you will get better I love nothing more than discovering how to do something on a lathe myself

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
The only reason things are way beyond most turners is confidence the only way forward in turning is to try have a go God only knows the amount of times I have stuck a lump of wood on the lathe and not had a clue trial and error is a great teacher you will never forget what you have learned but you pay for a lesson and I will guarantee you will forget some of what you paid to learn if you fancy it have a go at it the first one wont be perfect but you will get better I love nothing more than discovering how to do something on a lathe myself

I agree entirely Woody it is all about confidence. After all it is only a bit of wood and if it gets messed up there is plenty more out there!!!!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).