PDA

View Full Version : Pardon me for asking

Twin Oaks
01-10-16, 11:52
How do I change the date layout and add a signature line to my profile?
I tried to do it thru the UserCP, but it didn't work for my signature, and I can't find anything to change the day/date layout format.

By not working for my signature, I mean that I can't format the text or color for it.

Thanks for any guidance.

Buckeye
01-10-16, 12:04
How do I change the date layout and add a signature line to my profile?
I tried to do it thru the UserCP, but it didn't work for my signature, and I can't find anything to change the day/date layout format.

By not working for my signature, I mean that I can't format the text or color for it.

Thanks for any guidance.

You may need a higher post count for the signature, but the time and date is under General Settings in the UserCP

Peter

bassethound
01-10-16, 12:04
should be in user cp general settings, my settings!

bassethound
01-10-16, 12:05
OO'ps to late :ciggrin:

Forum Phil
01-10-16, 13:54
Yes, you should be able to add a signature Herb

go to userCP/forum actions/general settings then search in the left hand column for edit signature

If you have a website where you sell your pens you are welcome to put a link to it in your signature, but no other commercial links are allowed unless you have a Seller Forum or are an authorised Low volume Blank Seller.

I hope that helps.

Penpal
01-10-16, 21:28
I like the way the forum encourages members thanks Phil, trust the new job et al is going well.

Peter.

Twin Oaks
02-10-16, 07:08
OK, I can add a signature line, but I can't format the color of it.
Also, I do not see a setting for date/day format.
All I see is a time zone setting for GMT.
I ask because here in the USA, we use month/day/year format.
This forum has day/month/year format. It's just hard for this Yank to understand the day/date without
doing the math everytime.

Buckeye
02-10-16, 09:18
OK, I can add a signature line, but I can't format the color of it.
Also, I do not see a setting for date/day format.
All I see is a time zone setting for GMT.
I ask because here in the USA, we use month/day/year format.
This forum has day/month/year format. It's just hard for this Yank to understand the day/date without
doing the math everytime.

The colour format change is definitely there.

I don't know if you can change the date format, just enjoy it as it is, it makes more sense knowing the day then month then year:thumbs:

Peter

Penpal
02-10-16, 09:21
It is difficult for us on the IAP the other way round,gets better with use.

Peter.

edlea
02-10-16, 10:14
When in Rome ,Herb . ......I have a coloured signature but for some reason I can only alter it on my desktop pc and not on my tablet :thinks:

Forum Phil
02-10-16, 12:21
The colour change is to do with permissions. After you've made more posts the ability to add bit and bobs to your signature will appear by magic.

As for the date, welcome to the UK Penturning Forum.:bwink:

wm460
02-10-16, 21:26
[QUOTE=Buckeye;268975

I don't know if you can change the date format, just enjoy it as it is, it makes more sense knowing the day then month then year:thumbs:

Peter[/QUOTE]

:whistler::whistler::bravo::bravo: