• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

One of my old square bowls

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
This bowl I made a few years ago with Sapele it measures 24" from corner to corner and is 4" deep this was just an idea that that I had to try out it now lives and is used regularly to serve up food in Battleford hall in Lincolnshire I made it on a CL4 and finished it with teak oil
8.JPG

Jim

Grand Master
Beautiful Woody, you certainly can turn a bowl my friend, master turner in my eyes ... :thumbs:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Wonderful bowl Woody, :thumbs::thumbs:

At 24" across the corners I bet the swoosh when that was spinning was a delight to hear.

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Wow, all I can think of is fingers flying all over the place.

You really do produce some masterful work Woody !

Fabulous inspiration for us all, things to aspire to.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
This is what we all strive to take from the lathe or even half the size i would be happy absolutely lovely. :pray:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).