• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Finished Pen Display Unit

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
In what we now conclude to be Meranti (Lauang). Lights wired up and tray lined in leather that I pinched off an old armchair headed for the dump. I'm quite pleased with it, if I say so myself!

Construction was simplicity itself - sides were biscuited together, tray is a drop-in onto two ledges front and back. The pen recesses were routed using a 'fielding' bit (but any old round bit would do. Leather was surporisingly easy to work with, and I just used Gorilla wood glue to stick it down. Lights are also dead easy - you buy rolls of the things on FleaBay for about £12, then clip off sets of three at a time (or longer if you want to). Very easy to wire up.

C&C welcome!

Pens 131002 001.jpg

Pens 131002 006.jpg

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That is very nice David well done mate that just lost you a place in the plonkers society :funny::funny::funny:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Neat idea lots of making up as you went along worth it IMHO a good job very handy, liked the lighting.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Very impressed David, a very nice piece of workmanship, very well done ... :bwink:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I can't ee the lights very well can you take a picture when it's dark?
Bloody lovely job init?

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
David,

Thats a cracker - must get some of those lights for my stand this christmas - how do you plug them in, does it come with a transformer? Do you get one of those separately and what the heck is the difference between 5050LED and 328/1210SMO LED? total jibber jabber to me all that techno crap.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).