• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Vase, sort of!

Gav

Registered
First Name
Gavin
Had a go at something different.

From an ash log, bit of red and black spirit stain, laquer finish.

I'm not too happy with it, but as a first, I'll take it and I can only get better!

Gav

ytyhe5as.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
For a first that is more than very good I have to agree with Terry about the shape but be encouraged that is a great effort bloody well done Gav keep em coming personally I just love to see peoples progress with there turning so MORE MORE MORE

Jim

Grand Master
What both Terry and Woody say Gav, more of a neck tapering more into the body, but it is something better than i have made so i am not one to comment .. :whistling: Like Woody i like to see progress in what we make .. I do this to myself also ... :winking: Look forward to the next one ... :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
That is FANTASTIC Gav its got everything mate. Style, Grace, Elegance, Colour, Grain pattern, Skill.
I take my hat of to ya mate Don't listen to all this, it should be this or that shape.
It's the bloody shape you made it and that is exactly what it is supposed to be, I think it's bloody marvellous. It's your Masterpiece and the best one so far, I can't wait to see the next one.
Don't keep us hanging around long will ya?

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
You are right Brian, beauty is in the eye of the beholder .. :thumbs:

I like it, dare to be different and make it in to the shape you wanted too, make your own tracks in life and don't follow anyone else.

Do what you feel is right at the time and each piece of wood will come out different.

Well done Gav..

Keep it up..

naxie

Registered
Excellent Gav, I like the shape and I love the colour, the dark at the bottom to the lighter shades at the top reminds me of a sunset.

Good job mate, look forward to the next one! :thumbs:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Same from me, too, Gav - that's a very credible first attempt!!! Bet you can't wait to get the next one going, right? LOL!
Bob.

Gav

Registered
First Name
Gavin
Thank you all for your comments and kind words!

It's not hollowed, I'm not that brave yet!

The shape was by accident as I was hoping to have a wider, flared top, but a slip of the chisel put pay to that! :banghead:

I'm sorry now I cut up most of my wood to make pen blanks! Will have to raid the old man's log pile again!

Gav

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).