• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Woodturning DVD's

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Have you ever bought DVD's to help you with your turning? Tonight my wife was helping me look for my pension scheme papers due to new work. She shouts me to the bottom of the stairs where we keep a writing bureau, me thinking that she has found the papers i go meet her, "do you still need these" she says, and there in one of the drawers are my turning dvd's. There is 9 of them, including 2 on how to turn pens. Now when i was looking at them the only one that i could recall watching was one by Gary Rance, the others didn't ring a bell, i had honestly forgotten about these dvd's so maybe i will play one this weekend to see what i can learn. :thumbs:

The 2 dvd's that i have are Turning Pens with Rex & Kip part 1 & 2 and i can honestly say both these dvd's are very good and a must if you are just starting to turn pens, they have helped me tremendously. :thumbs:

Alan Moore

i have a couple of dvds on wood turning, dont remember the fellows name but it was on turning bowls, dont they make it look easy.

Jim

Grand Master
Yep, i have a few of these also Tony, i have an old TV in the shed now that has a built in DVD, if i attempt to do something that i have seen on one of these tutorials and get stuck i play the DVD to get me out of trouble. :bwink:

These DVD's are very good as long as they are not above the level that you have reached. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).