• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen of the Week - 31 July 2017

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
This weeks Pen of the Week chosen by BensBespoke goes to the Granite Corian Slimline made by Bill Mooney.

Ben said "The lines of these caught my eye and the shape of the pens flow beautifully, and look like they will be comfortable to write with - combining form and function in an innovative way I haven't seen before".

Here is the link to Bill's original post - http://www.penturners.co.uk/corian-turned-items/20209-corian-slimlines.html

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 76

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Wow! That's a surprise. Thank you Ben for thinking my pens are good enough for this honour. It is great being judged by my peers & them liking what I make. It lets me know my standards aren't slipping.:thumbs:

KevinMc

Graduate Member
First Name
Kevin
Wow... being new to all this...I am not qualified to comment really... but I love the shape.... I am guessing it must be great to hold....and the blank used looks like a lovely polished granite..

Congrats...Bill :banana: :banana:

Kevin

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Thanks Kevin. You are qualified to comment. You know whether or not you like something & why, so make your comment on this basis. You'll see it first hand tomorrow.:thumbs:

Gregory Hardy

Graduate Member
First Name
Greg
Hi, Bill. I will do that.

Right now, my dilemma is with ebonite and polishing it. I tried wet sanding out to 15K and plastic polish (as I do successfully with acrylic) but I am not happy. Any tips?

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Hi, Bill. I will do that.

Right now, my dilemma is with ebonite and polishing it. I tried wet sanding out to 15K and plastic polish (as I do successfully with acrylic) but I am not happy. Any tips?
Hi Gregory, unfortunately I haven't used ebonite so I can't advise.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).