• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Green

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I was asked for a green pen by a lady as a present for her Grandma as she loves all things green.:nooidea::nooidea:

This blank I picked up a Harrogate & is on a Sierra kit, hopefully it fits the bill

photo_zps7a35d8d8.jpg

this was a new blank to me &I can`t remember which stall it came from but boy did it produce some ribbons as I turned it, at one point I couldn`t see the blank for them.

photo_zps70964355.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
I recognise that blank Doug, i have made a few of these on several pen kits and like this one they really do look good when the light shines on the blank and gives off the two tone look, especially the lighter green ... :bwink:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Thanks for the comments :thumbs:

Can you remember the name of the blank? or where to get them?

There was no name on the blank Rowdy & I was like a kid in a sweet shop at Harrogate buying bits from so many stalls & there were lots of them :goesred: :funny:

I`ll have a look later at my receipts & see if I can narrow it down as to where it came from

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Thanks for the comments :thumbs:

There was no name on the blank Rowdy & I was like a kid in a sweet shop at Harrogate buying bits from so many stalls & there were lots of them :goesred: :funny:

I`ll have a look later at my receipts & see if I can narrow it down as to where it came from

Cheers Doug - I have a couple of friends (singapore chinese) and they love this colour and red. Something to do with money, riches and luck. Methinks this might be another outlet. :devil:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Hi Rowdy, its been a bookwork morning end of the month & all that, so finally got round to filing receipts :monkon::monkon:

It looks like the blank came from Snainton woodworking supplies, still no name though & a search through the blanks on their site hasn`t been anymore enlightening, I`m wondering if it was old stock they were selling off :nooidea::nooidea:

Some nice blanks on their site though, well worth a browse Acrylic Pen Blanks - Pen Making - Gifts And Projects

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Hi Rowdy, its been a bookwork morning end of the month & all that, so finally got round to filing receipts :monkon::monkon:

It looks like the blank came from Snainton woodworking supplies, still no name though & a search through the blanks on their site hasn`t been anymore enlightening, I`m wondering if it was old stock they were selling off :nooidea::nooidea:

Some nice blanks on their site though, well worth a browse Acrylic Pen Blanks - Pen Making - Gifts And Projects

Cheers Doug.

Thanks for looking...:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Bluefoxy

Beautifully made pen Doug. I'm surprised Grump hasn't commented as green plastic is his favourite material!! A little tip that was given to me a long time ago. If you take a cheap 1" paintbrush and cut the bristles down to about 1" long it makes an excellent tool to remove all those shavings. Saves your fingers too :thinks:

Ray

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
No need to cut the bristles down Ray they soon wear down and always pure bristle as the nylon ones scratch the plastic.
Yes Green plastic is a favourite of mine NOT
But that takes nothing away from the skill in making this masterpiece init?

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That's a lovely pen you have made.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).