• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New to this forum

Firefrode

Hi
I have been turning wood and other materials for a couple of years and have now found the turning of pens quite theraputic.
I am a retired firefighter from the North East UK and now have more time to enjoy my hobbies - Turning, Carving and walking.
I also carve walking stick handles and walking staffs.
I look forward to chatting about pens, techniques and materials.

Regards

Fred

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome to the forum Fred, You'll get lots of tips and tricks on this site.
- a softy southern, fruitcake :thinks:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wotchya Fred Take no notice of Steve he is an imposter to the North from the south init?
Welcome in mate enjoy your time here, show us your canes Fred love all that sort of stuff init?

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, Fred,
Welcome to the nuthouse, matey! If you think you've retired then think again - half the buggers on here build the bonfires and the other 50% fan the flames! You won't have time to enjoy this site, you'll be too busy putting the fires out!

Bob.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum, just an echo of another post, please show some of your carvings.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi Fred and welcome mate if your anything like some of the fire-fighters I know then you to will be as nutty as a fruitcake LOL I intended to start making walking sticks got a set of carving chisels and a variety of other bits including some Hazel shafts but haven't got started yet so maybe seeing some of your sticks will inspire me to get started

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Welcome Fred,

I think you will enjoy this forum... There's a lot of knowledge here, just ask and you will get the solution be it usually with a bit of banter.
Enjoy. I do:winking:

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Fred ... :thumbs:

I will get back to you shortly regarding the pen kits etc that i have ...

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Welcome, please post some pics of your sticks, I love that stuff !

Other than that, pull up a chair make yourself at home enjoy the banter and abuse. :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).