• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

CA Activator

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I am getting very low on activator and wonder where people buy their's, I used to buy No Nonsense CA Activator, but that is no longer available, wish I had the foresight to 50 cans.

Peter

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
I am getting very low on activator and wonder where people buy their's, I used to buy No Nonsense CA Activator, but that is no longer available, wish I had the foresight to 50 cans.

Peter

i hear you on this it was the best i have use i have started using the tool station one but my verdict is still up for debate on it :thinks:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
I ran out of the tool station one and had to use some zip kicker iv been saving it smells nice and.it is very good but costs more.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Never use the stuff POLISH FOR ME EVERY TIME so there super glue you can stick it get it stick it OK byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I will shut the door on the way out :nooidea::nooidea:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Thank you everyone, I have contacted the guy on Ebay, to see if he can do better postage. It almost always the postage that kills a great deal.:sob:

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Never used it, glue the tube, let it set for a couple of minutes & off we go.

Are you spending money you don't need to ? Does it really help / do anything ?

Gluing the tube in is no problem without activator, I wouldn't waste it on that job.

If you put around 20 coats of CA on a pen then activator comes into it's own, as much as I love making pens if I had to wait for each coat to dry by itself, I doubt I would make as many. So yes for me it is worth the money, although if I can get it cheaper than normal all the better.

Peter

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Gluing the tube in is no problem without activator, I wouldn't waste it on that job.

If you put around 20 coats of CA on a pen then activator comes into it's own, as much as I love making pens if I had to wait for each coat to dry by itself, I doubt I would make as many. So yes for me it is worth the money, although if I can get it cheaper than normal all the better.

Peter

That what I use it for

Jim

Grand Master
Plus using the activator when segmenting saves heaps of time ... :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Plus using the activator when segmenting saves heaps of time ... :thumbs:

Isn't it strange, thats the one time I wish it would take longer as I have had so many set up slightly out :sob:

Peter

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I find it handy on non porous surfaces like aluminium, as sometimes I can't get the CA to go off without it :nooidea:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I asked the seller on Ebay that Rowdy and Jim use if he could do a better postage rate for 10 cans and the best he could do was to cut it from £15.50 to £12.00 I put them in the Basket, but could only lay claim to them if I paid the full amount, so I emailed him and he said just commit to buy and he would send a revised invoice, but you can't commit to buy unless you pay instantly. I couldn't be bothered to faff about for a £3.50 saving so I am going to try the David from TB's method.

I have tried a mist of water and that works just as well as the activator, the only problem was getting a mist fine enough.

I will let you know how I fare with the quest:rolling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).