• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My next question is, Which Carbine Tool?

Jim

Grand Master
Not a home made one, what tool is the best to buy, maybe forget the Easy Wood Tools as they are out of limits due to the price ... :pray:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Jim, if you fancy trying my Simon Hope ones you`re more than welcome to pop over.

Jim

Grand Master
I just had a look on his site Doug, which tools do you own?? :thinks:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I have the mini 8mm straight carbide tool & the large 10mm straight & hooked tools.

The last time I spoke to him he was saying he was developing more carbide tools.

Jim

Grand Master
I just noticed that the handles are extra, which makes the Easy tool cheaper ... :rolling:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I like the fact that if you don`t want to buy the handle you can make one easy enough & with the spigot on the tool being round it is easy to fit.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Jim, if you would like to make your own I can let you have the round carbide insert. Easy to make.

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for the offers Gents but for now i will carry on doing a bit of watching and learning ... :wink:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Please sir, I have to mention this, not sure you'll get very far trying to turn wood with a shotgun sir! ;) :)

I don`t know, grind the barrel into a gouge shape & give it a whirl, perhaps don`t start with Alex`s dads best shotgun though :whistling::funny::funny:

MikeD

Registered
I use Simple carbide tools Carbide Tipped Simple Wood Turning Tools for Woodworking Lathe they are a bit cheaper than Easy.

I contacted Captain Eddie to find out if he would have his carbide cutters delivered direct from his supplier if I paid him in the USA. The reason is he claims to buy his carbide from Germany so I would not have to worry about import duties. Didn't get any reply. Talking with other people they have also had problems with no response even after they have bought things from him.

Matt

Registered
I contacted captain Eddie about a cutter order. First no response so I tried again and he eventually got back to me but the postage costs were huge. Ended up buying from another company in the US through eBay. Good cutters and super cheap postage :wink:

Jim

Grand Master
Well i bought the Mid Size Easy Rougher today, i picked them up at Harrogate the other week and they did feel good, but he was more interested in trying to sell me the Easy Chuck ...:whistling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).