• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Help!

Wennthepen

Apprentice Member
I have an order for a bolt action pen made with shed antler and cannot find antler from my usual supplier or anywhere else in the UK it seems. Does anyone have a blank or 2 they are willing to sell or any suggestions please?:sob:

Thanks

MIKE

Jim

Grand Master
Can't help Mike, never used the stuff .......... Yet!! :ciggrin:

Good luck with it thou ... :winking:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I've got one from a roe deer. They don't have a lot of thickness to the wall of it but you're welcome to have it. The dog found it in the woods near me.

Wennthepen

Apprentice Member
Thanks to all especially Paulm but as luck would have it I went to a very large local market come car boot sale today and lo and behold.....antlers....I bought 2 full sides...expensive yes but I guess I have most of the UK stock as I couldn't find any yesterday!! I have turned the order and its come out rather well and will be on it's way to Scotland tomorrow. Pen shown below (I hope!!).
Thanks again

Mike

BoltAction_Antler2.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
That is a stunner Mike, was the feature already in the blank or did you add it? :thinks:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Since it is the season to be jolly one would think anything to do with antlers should show up. In the land of deer farmers there must be an abundance of them in sheds everywhere.

Good luck but try the Deer Farms.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

Wennthepen

Apprentice Member
Thanks for that I am happy with it. I turned a piece with a curve in it having carefully drilled it. As it had a natural curve, as it 'rounded' the outer turned away quicker leaving the inner piece of the antler intact.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).