• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from York

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Hi all.
Found this forum through a very disreputable friend of mine.
I've been lurking for a couple of days now, and thought it was time I said hello.
Though predominantly a bowl turner, I've been known to make the odd (sometimes very odd) pen.
I tend to stick to slimlines and streamlines, and only use self seasoned or reclaimed wood, so I'm probably a bit boring in comparison to some of the work on here. I'll hopefully get round to posting some stuff when allowed, and join in the fun!
Regards,
Neil

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Hi Neil, welcome to the bag of frogs. Pens of any quality, wood or shape are welcome on this site, we just need pictures. Also pictures of anything else you fancy showing us.

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Neil, very pleased you took time to join .. Bowls, pens, boxes it doesn't matter to be honest, look forward to you sharing your bowls with us ... :thumbs:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Thanks for the welcome guys.
As a newbie, I don't have the rights to post any pics yet.
Doug, are you casting aspersions on Mr Halls character?:nonono:
Or do you know him well?:funny:

Neil

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, Neil, nice to have you with us! Slimlines/Streamlines? Tsk-tsk! We'll soon have you branching out, matey!!!

Bob.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess

Are you familiar with the ninth amendment :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I consider myself fortunate to have met Walter a couple of times, :thumbs: though at his age I doubt he`d remember :oldman:

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for the welcome guys.
As a newbie, I don't have the rights to post any pics yet.

Neil

You have the two posts needed Neil to add images and much more now, it is set this way to help the site combat spammers ... :thumbs:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Welcome Neil! Any friend of Walter's can't be completely right in the head, so I'm sure you'll fit right in! Just watch out for StevenW - there's bonkers and there's just plain scary ...

:funny::funny:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Welcome Neil! Any friend of Walter's can't be completely right in the head, so I'm sure you'll fit right in! Just watch out for StevenW - there's bonkers and there's just plain scary ...

So you should be right at home on this forum full of plonkers

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven

I resemble that JimmyJams!!!! The wife is far far scarier than me.

Welcome Neil,

Have seen some of your work on one of the lesser inhabited forums I belive.

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Welcome !

Please post some pics of your bowls, there's a few of us branching out from pens so we'd welcome them I'm sure.

Enjoy your stay and enjoy the banter !

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).