• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Red White and Yellow Pen Blanks

Jim

Grand Master
This is the slab from last week, but after cutting it i was a little disappointed with the outcome. The white seems to have been heavier that the red and yellow, even thou the red had almost gone off?

Last weeks mix seen here in its slab form ...

yellow_pr_mix.jpg

I did stir, but maybe a little more aggressive next time. I will turn the blanks but i doubt very much they will look good on a pen ... :down:

pr_casting_red_white_yellow.jpg

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Looks like the chews we used to buy when younger mate. :funny:

Sorry had to get that in mate, it looks as thou it is meant as a segmented pr blank? :thinks:

Jim

Grand Master
Here is a turned pen from the above castings, finished on a chrome plated slimline pen.

Chrome_plated_slimline_pen.jpg

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Wow,you could do that chequered thing you did on the segmented pen with these look good cheers Frankie.

Jim

Grand Master
If i tried Frankie, it would fail for sure, all the blanks right now are pot luck as to what they look like ... :goesred:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).