• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

From your country home grown master

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
George Watkins current small vessel on the IAP this man should be made a national treasure IMHO one of the best exponents I have ever seen of small vessels in any material (he casts his own material IMHO museum quality)cas:camera::camera::claps::claps::claps: c/w refs to videos he has made well worth a look. I have corresponded with him in the past a humble and great guy. Hails from Leicestershire.

Kind regards Peter.

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
George Watkins current small vessel on the IAP this man should be made a national treasure IMHO one of the best exponents I have ever seen of small vessels in any material (he casts his own material IMHO museum quality)cas:camera::camera::claps::claps::claps: c/w refs to videos he has made well worth a look. I have corresponded with him in the past a humble and great guy. Hails from Leicestershire.

Kind regards Peter.

Yes he is a good turner Peter !!!!

Paul

Fellow
Well someone has to, Coalville to be precise, co we really need to give him loads of sympathy!!

I used to deliver to Coalville. It always used to make me chuckle, thinking about the "founding fathers" working out what to call the place.....

"well we got coal and it's a town" I know let's sound sophisticated and use some French, it might attract a better type of person.....

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I used to deliver to Coalville. It always used to make me chuckle, thinking about the "founding fathers" working out what to call the place.....

"well we got coal and it's a town" I know let's sound sophisticated and use some French, it might attract a better type of person.....

Yebbut the natives refer to it as Coville :thinks::nooidea: :funny:

Paul

Fellow
Yeah. Don't get me started. I was 18 from Sussex and I was very disturbed when a male taxi driver called me " my duck " I wondered where on earth was I?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Go further into Georges prior posts on the IAP and view more of his lidded boxes etc also exceptional. Here in Australia we have few states however differences are emphasised along various paths but the language is similar unlike the UK where pronunciation by the locals and visitors can be serious or hilarious I can only imagine the feelings engenderd at sporting events we witness on Television out here. My visit to Ireland, Scotland, Wales,England was very educational.

Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).