• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ready Steady Turn

Jim

Grand Master
Come on Doug, it is men like you who give us a bad name with the better halves ... :nonono:

Share your secret my friend and i will delete my message above .. :whistling::whistling:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Come on Doug, it is men like you who give us a bad name with the better halves ... :nonono:

Share your secret my friend and i will delete my message above .. :whistling::whistling:

I just say I'm working, if I'm earning money to pay her visa bill she doesn't care about the hours I'm putting in :bwink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Haven't planned that far, I'd like to see "the hat man" so that may influence me.

Who is the hat man, we had an American demo this years ago lots of fellas acheived this level quickly from memory a full hat takes about 40 kg,s of timber, the visitor here was cruelly given a block of Silky Oak that caused the turner to break out in blisters all over,very sad.

Peter.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Haven't planned that far, I'd like to see "the hat man" so that may influence me.

According to the Nuneaton store events page the hat man will be there on Saturday as he's taking part for the Ready steady turn title, though he could be there Friday as well for all I know, might be worth phoning first.

Nuneaton Store, Warwickshire | Axminster.co.uk Scroll down for the RST event.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Who is the hat man, we had an American demo this years ago lots of fellas acheived this level quickly from memory a full hat takes about 40 kg,s of timber, the visitor here was cruelly given a block of Silky Oak that caused the turner to break out in blisters all over,very sad.

Peter.

Peter,

Hallwoodhats.com

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
I'm going to try and make this, travelling from Hertfordshire if anyone wants a lift, but I'll be going on the Friday as I'm at a fair at cressing temple barns on Saturday and sunday

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thankyou for the hatmans contact I always admire their skills. Thought it might be a visiting demo from the USA, over here they often combine special events with visits to Woodie groups around the country at our Wood group we would receive a suggested agenda beforehand with oportunities of unforgettable turners.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).