• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello From Selby

Smokey Bacon

Apprentice Member
I came by this forum while looking for some more information about pens. I started turning pens, oh a good time ago, along with other things. Being that I worked on a private estate in the woods at the time woodturning kind of fell in with life at the time. Other hobbies and life took over until years later a change of lifestyle caused by illness I turned back to woodturning, I had accumulated quite a bit of turnable blanks.
I looked at the pens I had turned years ago and decided to try my hand at some new ones. Oh my, how they have changed and quality too, also the different kinds of blanks too not just wood.

Well I have enjoyed making some new pens and hope to make some more too.

Nick

Jim

Grand Master
Hello Nick, and welcome to the forums .. I am just up the road from you my friend .. Knottingley .. :thumbs:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Hello & welcome Nick :waver:

As Phill says post up pictures of your pens we love to see what others are making :thumbs:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Welcome Nick. I'm originally from Knottingley but have lived in North Wale now for close on 30 years. Happy memories of Selby especially the all day opening on market days!!

Smokey Bacon

Apprentice Member
Many thanks for the welcome,
I will try and get some picture up in a day or so somewhere my wife took some for a friend but they are on her computer.
I have just done a couple of pens in Corain I was not sure if I would like working with it but was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to work.
Yesterday I made a bolt action bullet pen, I found it rather top heavy to write with, it could use with more weight at the nose end for me.
I am still working out how this forum works atm but when I have found my way about will post a few pictures.
Nick

Jim

Grand Master
Many thanks for the welcome,
I will try and get some picture up in a day or so somewhere my wife took some for a friend but they are on her computer.
I have just done a couple of pens in Corain I was not sure if I would like working with it but was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to work.
Yesterday I made a bolt action bullet pen, I found it rather top heavy to write with, it could use with more weight at the nose end for me.
I am still working out how this forum works atm but when I have found my way about will post a few pictures.
Nick

Take a look Here Nick, just a few tips including how to add images etc .. :thumbs:

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Welcome Nick,

I also am an expat, from Leeds originally, but now up in sweatysock land.

Watch out for some of the southerners, nuttier than the inhabitants of one flew over the cuckoos nest!!! Oh & there's a club called the plonkers on here, miscreants and mostly aged & ancient gents (senility setting in for most of em), you want to stay out of that club believe me!!

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Welcome Nick from the boil on the bum of the world.
You have already met some of the regulars, pull up a stool and have a pint while reading through the pages.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).