• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

homemade hollowing tool

geo

This is my homemade hollowing tool , its a iron piece 14mm*14mm *50cm . I hammering on the edge and i made hole to insert the screw . The part that keeps the steel bar its also hammering and it can be rotated . I make holes every 5 cm for fixed with the handle , the handle is 2 piece , first i make cutting line with router 6mm*14mm for each piece then i glue together and then i turned the handle
Regards
Giorgos
P.C plese dont laugh with my english:bwink::bwink:

geo

DSC01174.JPGDSC01175.JPGDSC01176.JPGDSC01177.JPG
This is my homemade hollowing tool , its a iron piece 14mm*14mm *50cm . I hammering on the edge and i made hole to insert the screw . The part that keeps the steel bar its also hammering and it can be rotated . I make holes every 5 cm for fixed with the handle , the handle is 2 piece , first i make cutting line with router 6mm*14mm for each piece then i glue together and then i turned the handle
Regards
Giorgos

MikeD

Registered
Hi Giorgos,
That is a very clever design, I like the extendable capability.

Don't worry about your English - it's better than some of the "English speakers" on this forum :funny:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thanks Geo you have followed through and encourage us all to use what we have and consider what we can make to create.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

geo

Really cleaver idea Georgos, I really must have a go at making these sorts of tools, almost as much fun as using them! :thumbs:
Its easy to make this and it cost me almost nothing, i pay only 4 Euro for iron bar and 2 afternoons work to fix
Regards Giorgos

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Nicely made Giorgos, there's a certain pleasure in using a tool that you've made yourself that makes the effort to produce it so worthwhile. :claps:

Paul

Fellow

Don't worry about that, people are too busy enjoying your quality turning. Besides, it's always impressive when people can communicate in multiple launguages, puts us to shame.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I applaud any effort to make ones own tools and this is as good an effort as I have seen.
It works for you and that is fantastic.
Well done young Gio.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well done Geo my wife paid a good few quid for exactly what you have made for next to nothing and it looks a good un

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).