• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Turning gouge handles

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Has anyone turned handles for your gouges? I have been given a couple of turning tools without handles. If you have how do you drill the hole for the gouge to fit inside with a tight fit. I believe Ash would be fine for this job, is this correct. :nooidea:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I have some Simon Hope quick release handles. You can buy different size collets to fit one handle and his smallest handle sells for £25 and his medium size handle sells for £27.
Just google Simon Hope Woodturning.
Regards
Terry

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).