• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Short tool for pens

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I made this tool today for a friend who wanted it for penturning it only has a 6" blade and is only 13 1/2" long it has a dutiful bit of rippled Ash for the handle
DSCF2166.JPGDSCF2163.JPG

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I like the look of that so much I might make myself one dad, thanks for the thought.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Your friend should be proud to use that Woody it looks excellent, beautifully made mate :claps:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Hope this friend appreciates how lucky he is to have that made specially for him.....Lucky sod !!!

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That is something to treasure forever and even though its a tool, its a piece of work that is delightful to the eye. super stuff Woody....MADE IN THE UK by craftsman.

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
The 'friend' wasn't Terry, by any chance? I say this because he climbed into his car when he saw this post and was last seen doing leopard crawl up Woody's driveway ...

:face::face:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
It ok woody put the burr elm from the roof of his covered wheel barrow i front of the workshop door

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Thank you all for your comments it is always a pleasure making things for friends especially when so many other friends appreciate your work as well

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
All the metal work is done on the 4 square tools and I had to order some 4m round top screws for the small tops I didn't notice they are not counter sunk just come in to put me feet up and have a cuppa then I will turn the handles pictures will follow when done

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
All the metal work is done on the 4 square tools and I had to order some 4m round top screws for the small tops I didn't notice they are not counter sunk just come in to put me feet up and have a cuppa then I will turn the handles pictures will follow when done

Woody just take it easy mate and take your time.Make 'em wait a few days or a few of weeks even !:devil::devil::devil:

P.S the one that you made for me is working a treat ..I just wouldn't be without it..:bwink:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Woody just take it easy mate and take your time.Make 'em wait a few days or a few of weeks even !:devil::devil::devil:

P.S the one that you made for me is working a treat ..I just wouldn't be without it..:bwink:

Jolly good Ed I'm so pleased you like using it that makes it all worth while doing them

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).