• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Thanks Doug

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Just got back from an enjoyable drive with the wife to see Doug. The man is an absolute gent. He took time off work to take me to see the nova dvr xp that his mate had for sale and even dismantled it and loaded it in to the car for me. I'll have to wait for the builder to fix the leaking garage roof before I get it set up, don't want to risk the electromagnetic motor in a damp environment.
Could be an axminster lathe and K80 chuck with attachments going cheap soon.

keith

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Great to meet you & your wife Keith, I managed to get some new scroll saw patterns off Steve before I left his place, so a good day all round.

Roll on March, the midlands show & meeting up again with you & a few others :thumbs::thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Good to hear you had a good day with Doug he is a diamond geezer Tell the bloody builder to get a move on with the roof so we can see you in action on your new toy

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Sounds like you all had a good day while I was grafting away init?
Second the roll on March meet up, looking forward to that I think.

Jim

Grand Master
You won't regret buying the Nova Keith, that is for sure .. :winking: If you are a good lad at the show Doug, and I may let you join our Nova group .. :kiss:

It has just come to me Keith, Woody has one also .. :thumbs: Need to edit this post before he sees that i forgot about him .. :whistling:

Last edited:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
You won't regret buying the Nova Keith, that is for sure .. :winking: If you are a good lad at the show Doug, and I may let you join our Nova group .. :kiss:

Oh I see so my Nova dont count just because it hasn't got the posh V/S :sob::sob::sob:

Jim

Grand Master
Oh I see so my Nova dont count just because it hasn't got the posh V/S :sob::sob::sob:

Don't understand what you are saying my friend, i mentioned that you had one in my post above .. I guess you never saw it ... :ciggrin:

...............................................................................................

He will never know i edited the post folks .. :winking:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
you & me both Brian.

Really looking forward to the March meet up too.

Looks like I am gonna have to get my Drain to hang around on the Saturday if I wanna see anyone.
We are going up on the Thursday and staying for the Friday init?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).