• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

I just couldn't resist

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Sorry lads this is from the logs I cut up this morning my intention was to cut up some spalted holly pen blanks then turn some pens which I started to do I also cut some small logs and I couldn't resist turning one of them into a vase it is 5 1/2" tall and the top is 5" at the widest point x 3" at the narrowest point the base is 1 3/4" finished with 3 coats of sanding sealer and some paste wax which was applied and left for 30 min to dry and then buffed enjoy I may nick another one tomorrow
DSCF2260.JPGDSCF2261.JPGDSCF2262.JPGDSCF2263.JPGDSCF2258.JPG

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Bloody lucky that didn't split open on ya dad.
Reminds me of a hand reaching out for bloody money init?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
There was a danger of it spiting Brian it had a few splits in it before I started so I turned it on a spigot then parted it of

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
The logs this and a few more bits and some pen blanks come from had been laying under a holly tree for a good few years and looked like crap and I left them there till the guy ask if I could take them as well as the tree just goes to show

Jim

Grand Master
You never cease to amaze us Woody, it sure is a masterpiece my friend.. It has the look of the Jules Rimet Trophy BTW .. :winking:

Paul

Fellow
That's fantastic. One day I would love to be able to create even a shadow of that. Gotta be pleased with yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Waste not look at the result Woody impressed no end once more mate it sure opened up so display all that magic mate.

Peter.:thinks::noway1::bravo:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).