• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi all

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hi all I know what you are going to say yet another newbie. Anyway I have turned the odd thing or two and may even know some of you already from around other forums I have also been know to have turned the odd pen. My name is Derek and from the county of Kent.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Welcome Derek please make yourself at home and it would be good to see some of your work

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Hi Derek, welcome to the friendly if slightly insane forum :waver::roflmao:

Good to see you over here :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Hi all I know what you are going to say yet another newbie.

Welcome to the forums Derek, you couldn't be further from the truth my friend .. We are pleased we have another newbie, but having taken a look at what you have already made i do believe as a newbie you could learn us quite a bit .. :thumbs:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Hi from another newbie, but also someone who is new to turning. I've just looked at your work. There is some fantastic pieces in there, everything from bowls, off centre work and long stem goblets through to pierced work and hollow forms. Oh and the occassional pen. That is some talent you have Dalboy

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Welcome Derek, know you from ukw, Wwi, iap, any others we should know about? Full disclosure required!!

Trust that you had a mosey round the forum and realise that we're not to serious here, hope you enjoy it.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Thank you all for the welcome. I am not a 1 a week pen maker as I make lots of things mainly from wood but it is nice to have somewhere to go and ask questions if I get stuck, and I will try and help out if I can

Welcome to the forums Derek, you couldn't be further from the truth my friend .. We are pleased we have another newbie, but having taken a look at what you have already made i do believe as a newbie you could learn us quite a bit .. :thumbs:

That was just a bit of tongue in cheek:thumbs:

Hi Derek, someone has to live there :face:

Yep your right there:lmao:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Welcome Derek, know you from ukw, Wwi, iap, any others we should know about? Full disclosure required!!

Trust that you had a mosey round the forum and realise that we're not to serious here, hope you enjoy it.

Neil you missed Woodworks Forums (Australia) and Lumberjocks (USA) and Getwoodworking, I tend to get around a bit. Still looking around:thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Hi Derek from over here wheres the Digger bit come from its also an Aussie term for serviceman. Man that is a decent drill you have in your workshop.

Kind regards Peter also on a few forums as Penpal and pwhay.:thumbs:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Hi Derek, welcome, i am new here myself, they certainly are a friendly lot here

Some very nice looking stuff in your albums

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).