• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Cocobolo Face Grain

Jim

Grand Master
I had a block of Cocobolo ready to cut, so yesterday i picked it up to cut off a few pen blanks. I have had this block of wood since i bought my 1st lathe as the chap who sold me it gave me a few blocks of wood. My Uncle also gave me a good piece of Cocobolo which served me well .... :bwink:

I'm rambling! To get to the point when i put the Cocobolo on my bandsaw to cut i was amazed to see so many images in the grain. Thought i would share them on here ... :thumbs:

The 1st one is so plain to see, but if you follow the image from the face down, well lets just say use your imagination lol .... :ciggrin:

Cocobolo_blank.jpg

The 2nd picture i can see the face at the top right with some kind of 18th century garment on ... :nooidea:

Cocobolo_pen_blank.jpg

The 3rd looks like some guy with a moustache, in the desert with the sun above his head .. :ciggrin:

Cocobolo_pen_blanks.jpg

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Its marvalous what the grain of certain woods conceal. 4 faces in one piece must be very rare? :nooidea:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).