• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Fitted new large collett chuck

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Found a 1 inch 10 threads larger Collett Chuck. One inch forever ago was the standard thread on the head stock using ten threads per inch so I standardised on this thread with most of my lathes, nowadays its the exception so recently I found this chuck with its four Collets. Note it comes out further from the headstock so I had to redesign my dust extraction at the lathe so to cope with different attachments I fitted a loose plate to hold the snorkel using blackheart sassafras from Tasmania. Like the two locking bars they serve to lock the collet and fit the shaft and chuch holes as well quite a bonus.

Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0007.jpg
    DSCF0007.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF0011.jpg
    DSCF0011.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 43

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Looks like you're geared up to go Peter, I look forward to seeing the resulting pens from your labours :claps:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).