• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

The one that didn't work

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I have had this design rolling around for a while now and decided today it was time to do it but I added a bit to it the black and it has to go 8" x 2" no finish on it yet as it will be going back on the lathe I just hope it will stand up to it LOL if not it will end up a small pot DSCF2409.JPGDSCF2410.JPGDSCF2411.JPGDSCF2412.JPGDSCF2415.JPG

Goulss

Registered
First Name
Stewart
You've gone and done it ain't you mate, cut it twice and it is still too short.

Still a nice turning, there must be a way to make it an Artisan design feature!

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
What's happening to everyone on here loonydesigsns. com
No dad it ain't right.:funny::funny:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
What a shame Woody, like a star fish wouldn't it grow another leg :funny:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hows that then black all gone what a job it has ended up 3mm thick and the points didnt like being worked they kept moving but I'm not giving up on the design with some black just different
DSCF2420.JPGDSCF2420.JPG

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
No dad still something ain't right with it dunno what but it's on the middle leg init?

Jim

Grand Master
Great bit of turning Woody, have to agree the black didn't do it any justice .. :bwink:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
A great attempt at this bowl have to agree it just does not look right. Maybe if the three legs circled in red are all the same size and touching the surface and the blue circled one made larger and pointing up.

Or possibly the red circled legs on the left and right are one length and the one furthest away is a bit shorted causing the bowl to tilt towards that one. keep the blue circled larger as described above.:thinks:

bowl1.jpg

OK so I am no good at design:whistling::whistling::

Hope you don't mind

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I think a few more photos are in order it is standing on the only three legs it has that is the ones to the left, right and front as you will see I hope the extra photos will show that
Front
DSCF2428.JPG
Back
DSCF2427.JPG
Side
DSCF2426.JPG
DSCF2420.JPG

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
It's somehow reassuring to know the master sometimes as a bit of a struggle. :thinks:

Although it still looks nicely turned and I do like the design without the black

By the time you're finished I'm sure it will look as if you had the completed design in mind all the time and those that did not see its earlier incarnation will be none the wiser. :rolling:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Now why didn't you show that sooner?
That puts it into perspective init?
I still think the middle leg looks funny from top view though.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).