• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Red Corian with Celtic Cross

Jim

Grand Master
Celtic Cross on a slimline pen using black satin accents. The cross is 1mm thick plastic, the barrels are made from red Corian and black plastic.

celtic_cross_on_red_corian.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
The barrels are between 9.2 and 9.4mm where normally on a 12mm corian piece i work to 10mm. I had to go this size to allow the cross to come through the corian as i don't cut all the way through on the 45 degree cut.

I can see where the moody comes from guys .. :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
Width size i would be guessing Frankie, the majority of corian that is available is normally about 12mm thick thou you can get some at 24mm but that seems like rocking horse shit at the moment. That two main colours at 24mm is black and white both speckled ... :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
Well that is what they say Frankie, but all my gluing up of corian is for segmenting ... :ciggrin:

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Great looking pen Jim, any chance of a tutorial for the Celtic knot or is it just a case of making 45 degree cuts and keep gluing?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Very nice James workmanship spot on mate but I think it would have looked better with thinner bands though but that's just me

Jim

Grand Master
Wow a blast from the past .. Woody, you are right with the band comment, when i had made this pen i did think the same .. :winking:

Dave, look in the tutorial page, there is one in there my friend .. :bwink:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Very nicely done, Jim, but a bit too gothic for my taste. No doubt it'll sell on the turn.

Sorry, just looked at the date of the original post. Disregard any references to the present or near future tense!

:rolling:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Wow a blast from the past .. Woody, you are right with the band comment, when i had made this pen i did think the same .. :winking:

Dave, look in the tutorial page, there is one in there my friend .. :bwink:

Flaming Nora Jim I didnt notice the date I thought it was a new post senior moment LOL

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
A Red Back Spider comes to mind Jim unforgettable experience but in a happy way a knockout pen for Asian people as well their happy colours, I can imagine when you flash that pen it will have quite an impact.

Peter.:claps::claps:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).