• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Natural Edge Ash bowl - First off the 900

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Well, finally got chance to have a play with the new toy this afternoon.

Natural edge Ash bowl, this is 9 inch dia, and about 3 inches at it's highest point. The pink doesn't show that well but it's quite bright pink, very nice.

Couldn't have spun this on the 12-18 that's for sure, I'd have been tangoing round the garage with the thing :funny:

Sanded to 400 and then 2 coats of Tung Oil so far, more tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Was a pleasure to turn something larger without the lathe struggling. I am officially a happy bunny.

SAM_3032a.JPG
SAM_3033a.JPG
SAM_3034a.JPG

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Bloody well done Phill at last you have made a natural edge bowl and a very nice one as well it is worth the wait there will be no stopping you now I still have some holly logs if you want any

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Bloody well done Phill at last you have made a natural edge bowl and a very nice one as well it is worth the wait there will be no stopping you now I still have some holly logs if you want any

Thank you, the inspiration and the confidence to have a go is all thanks to you mate ! As you know it's been killing me to do one for a long time now.

I'd love some Holly, save it for me please when I come over to tackle that Sycamore fruit bowl for SWMBO. I must arrange a day off to do that soon.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Well done Phil that is a lovely bowl mate,You have every right to be happy and I am very happy for you. init?

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Very nice Phil. Now that you know you can do it there won't be any stopping you

Jim

Grand Master
Smacker Phill, great looking bowl my friend, good to see you getting on with the new lathe .. :thumbs:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Very nice Phil. I agree with you when you say it's nice to turn something bigger without worrying about where the lathe is trying to go:funny: cracking work mate:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).