• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New to TPF

jameshj

First Name
james
Hi all, my name is James i am a retired teacher and have been turning for many years. I have had a thing about PENS and pen turning that I have not been able to overcome ( i still take the pills ). Always looking to broaden my horizons with new projects etc. I have taught woodturning at all levels and I was the first resident of Northern Ireland to be accepted onto the RPT. Always willing to share any knowledge of all aspects of turning I have with those who are interested in woodturning. I hope to improve my typing skills as well as my turnings.

regards
Jameshj

Jim

Grand Master
Good to have you on-board James, hopefully you can show us some of your work my friend .. :bwink:

Congratulations on being the first in NI to be accepted onto the RPT .. :thumbs:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Welcome James,

With a CV like that I'm looking forward to learning from you, sure there is something we can help you with on the way as well.

Looking forward to seeing your work.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
HI James welcome on board ....do you still have your cane as some on here could do with a good thrashing every now and again.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome James, I look forward to seeing some of your work and hopefully you'll join in the banter. Are you going to be marking us from now on?

4/10 see me later.... works well when cornered like a rat etc :funny:

Paul

Fellow
Welcome from the Garden of England. Watch out for the northeners, they drink solvents neat, whilst we prefer a slice of apple in the mix.

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Hi James and welcome. I'm not sure you're in the right place as they're all nutters on this forum, I'm the only sane one and it appears you actually know what your doing whereas most of the time we haven't a scooby.
As the others have requested, it'll be nice to see some of your work and hopefully pick up a few tips.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome, it will be nice to see some of your pens and other stuff.

Peter

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Those are nice pens James ... love the traditional shapes ..my type of pens sir.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).