• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Has anyone tried this

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Looks like a handy tool to have mate, does it hold both blanls thou, or only the one like it is showing? :thinks:

trapper

Registered
My mandrel is totally hollow but not one of these it works fine I can accomodate 2 slimline blanks + spacers shims etc no problems I also have made up other fitments for installation to the mandrel including a micro long nose revolving centre. I do most of my turning between centres to avoid whip in the mandrel shaft anyway.

Attachments

• 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 80

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
It stops the quill end pushing the mandrel and bowing it ..it pushes directly no the bushings I do want one .

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
The one in the link loos better than the one that PSI sells, there were a lot of complaints anout the qualitys of thiers.
mine is a bit like trapper,s made by a Kiwi, I like mine so much that I am going to get another one.

I suppose you will want a
imagesr.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
The one in the link loos better than the one that PSI sells, there were a lot of complaints anout the qualitys of thiers.
mine is a bit like trapper,s made by a Kiwi, I like mine so much that I am going to get another one.

I suppose you will want a
imagesr.jpg

You know we like pictures Mark ... :thumbs:

I have also pinched the smiley you have used to add it here ... :bwink:

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
well i have just bought this so i will tell you how it goes

That looks like it is a well made piece of equipment :thumbs:

You know we like pictures Mark ... :thumbs:

I have also pinched the smiley you have used to add it here ... :bwink:

Go for it you are welcome to any I post.
I try to have one for ever occasion. :ave_it:

Pete B

Registered
Hi,

i have a psi one. I was very interested that some have said the psi ones are not very good.
I agree, mine for instance. The mandrel fits very loosely into the item, you can move it up an down a bit.
It does tend to vibrate because of this when you have two blanks turning. I tend to turn at quite high speed, but it was not a problem as when about 1 - 2mm from bushings, i stopped and turned each bushing half way round whilst holding the blank.
Each bushing the same direction for the same distance if you know what i mean. The pens turned out accurate and fine.
This was a problem i had ages ago when i first started with a normal mandrel and thats what i was advised to do from another forum, and it was the solution here as well.

Would i but another psi one, no.

Would i buy the one shown, absolutely, and i probably will as Vince has some really top banks at the moment as well, and this one just looks quality and better made, so long as its not a psi one, unless they have been re designed.
I will ask him though before i buy it.
I've only met him once, but a nicer Gent you will struggle to meet.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).