• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Where's best for RTV silicone

trapper

Registered
Has anyone got a source for RTV Silicone for high temp mold making. I'm in the process of building a refactory to smelt aluminium and also do some pewter based clips etc

trapper

Registered
yep that seems to be the stuff. now all i need is some toothpics some popsical sticks ,ca and my craft knife make up some "bucks" for some wire style clips

trapper

Registered
Well i'm making progress guys got the crucible...... liberated an old alumininium milk sauspan from the kitchen bought a stainless steel ladle from the pound shop (handle was cracked so got it for 50p) awaiting the silicon and pewter £28 per kilo on line and "obtained" a gas burner for the heat. THis sure is becoming an expensive project:funny: not that I'm a cheap arse

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).