• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My first Simline and first plastic.

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Found a chunk of plastic in a skip about 16 inches long and 1/2 thick square.
Unsure of what it is but it sure is brittle. had a play with the clip, I bought a couple of bags of findings of ebay.
I have loads of the damn things if anyone wants some don't buy them gimme a pm.
I have been making a mandrel all week and this is my first turning on it.
It came straight from the skew to the ajax and on to the toothpaste, black fittins and I am not unhappy with the end result.
For your appraisal please.
P1070340.png

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I'll try to get a better picture, I am having problems resizing it so it can be seen properly.
Past my bedtie now early moring tomorrow.

Jim

Grand Master
That's a cool looking pen George, could the material be corian by any chance? Usually comes in that thickness. I like the way you can vary with the shapes of your pens, its good to see. :bwink:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Well you came back for another look Jim so lets Analyze this behavior eh, first you comment that it's gaudy. "(from the Latin, "gaudium", meaning "enjoyment" or "merry-making")" not sure that was what you meant or intended. but the comment amused me.
Then you come back with a comment that its reminiscent of a song. Again i am not sure of the reference whether it's to the comedy of Monty Python, the masculinity of a lumberjack or the femininity of the lyrics. However It amused me.
:face:Why not just say what you mean and stop beating about the bush, :devil:it's crap a pile of pooh, if that's your experiment then give up this instant. I am a big boy I can take the criticism :face: I might even agree with you :funny:
I was going to take another picture of it to try and justify it because the angle of this one does make the clip look bigger than it is and this picture just doesn't do justice to the pen. Unfortunately I was made a very attractive offer of money for it so no longer have it in my possession.:rolling:
I will though create another very soon with even more bling for ridicule or fun:devil:

Jim

Grand Master
It is the fact that we all have our opinions on what looks nice or what looks like something that would not sell George, that keeps us turning pens looking for our own Holy Grail ... :ciggrin:

Now wasn't that something to do with the Pythons ... :thumbs:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Every pen we make carries our own creative flair no matter how suttle or expressive the features are its a part of you beauty is in the eye of the beholder.:bwink:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
You got more of them clips, George?

OOh yes mate I saw somebody showing em off on another forum and they looked an interesting idea so I looked at ebay as he did, and won a couple of auctions and was pleased to win a couple more.

Now you will make allowances for an old codger who is inexperienced in anything other than the Army or booze and although I had heard of ebay this was my first experience of bidding and I am new to computers (you know what's coming don't you?) so I found the whole experience of this wonderful online auction extremely exciting,

Suffice to say I now have about 14 million silly little charms of various states of bling and sizes varying from pen clip to car emblem, there will be some happy little Chinese chap restocking his unit rubbing his hands together and hoping I go on ebay again soon.

How many do you want mate.

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I'll send you a few different types, make an envelope worth while at least.
PM your address and I'll sort a few out for you. most are meant to hang on a chain so you'll need to snip the ring off them.
Bend it with your fingers and they fall off.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).