• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Advertising your pens for sale

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Has anyone tried to sell pens at a car boot sale, markets, or one of the local craft fairs? :thinks:

Just interested thats all. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
I doubt that the good folk at boot sales would be willing to pay a tenner for a pen? They are after a bargain for ten bob ... :ciggrin:

A craft fair may be different thou ... :thinks:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
People go to boot sales for biro's your not going to make a living selling pens at them. :fart:

trapper

Registered
I've done a few craft fairs which have given mixed results , really depends on what else is there at the time, the weather and location is also amjor consideration. Boot sales and markets are full of the "I want Rolls Royces for push bike prices" brigade and really not worth the hassle. Online is better, but I avoid ebay for the same reasons........ also be aware of the Distance Selling Regulations for business activities....... I have a copy if anyone wants one Its guaranteed to help you sleep but you need to know the rules.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I've done a few craft fairs which have given mixed results , really depends on what else is there at the time, the weather and location is also amjor consideration. Boot sales and markets are full of the "I want Rolls Royces for push bike prices" brigade and really not worth the hassle. Online is better, but I avoid ebay for the same reasons........ also be aware of the Distance Selling Regulations for business activities....... I have a copy if anyone wants one Its guaranteed to help you sleep but you need to know the rules.

Does this come in to play even doing it as a one off? :thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).