• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Micro Mesh Bought from Ebay. Bad Move!!

Jim

Grand Master
Micro Mesh Bought from Ebay

All my previous buys of Micro Mesh has been at Turners Retreat, my last buy was from Ebay.

Now i don't know if i am just unlucky or i have bought some copies?

All my previous buys have done well over 100 pens, or lasted at least 4 months without hitch ... I would have bought this last lot from Turners also but they did not have any Medium CA, so i decided to buy both the glue and the micro mesh off ebay .. Lesson learnt, i will always buy these items from my local supplier in the future. :whistling:

After only the time of use 4 of the 9 pads liners have come away from the seam on one side ... :nonono:

micro_mesh.jpg

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I have bought a few of these and never had any issue, thou my buys were from Snainton. :bwink:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Thanks for the tip off there Jim.
I was looking at getting some micro-mesh.
I think I will stick to my toothpaste for a while.
Might even try some smokers tooth powder I remember using years ago.

Jim

Grand Master
Hope this isn't the result Terry, she is actually banned from the shed at the moment ... :devil:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I am not sure it is Jim, I remember my old dad used it and I had a go with it on a few occasions.
I will sure have a look for some now I have suggest it.
Any gentle abrasive is worth a try as long as its not to expensive.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Thanks for the tip off there Jim.
I was looking at getting some micro-mesh.
I think I will stick to my toothpaste for a while.
Might even try some smokers tooth powder I remember using years ago.

George try it with talcum powder it works better

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I'm probably being really dumb here, but would you care to expand on how you use it ?

Talc has been used for years as a fine abrasive just mix it with the tooth paste or any other medium and use it in the same manner as any burnishing cream or t cut but it is much finer but to be honest it is a lot of bother I would rather go to the shop buy something and use it straight from the bottle but I'm a lazy git

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).