• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Shepherds Delight

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
This is another of the casts I made the other day, but it was still tacky and today I wrapped it in foil and baked it in the oven. It is more brittle than the other casts and I dropped the lower barrel on the laminate flooring and the resin cracked, I have bathed the cracks in CA so will see tomorrow if I get time, whether it is saved or not. What looks like white is actually pink and I doubt I will be able to capture it unless I go to a lot of trouble or send it to Terry to photograph.

Peter

DSC_0130.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
Hope that you can save them Peter, they do look nice my friend .. :thumbs: Did you use powder for this mix?

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I rarely comment on casts or like them but I think this is cracker (pun intended init?)
It looks good on my truecolour screen and awful on the lappy.
I hope you manage to save this one it looks very nebulous init?

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Hope that you can save them Peter, they do look nice my friend .. :thumbs: Did you use powder for this mix?

Yes, I used sky blue, pink and macro pearl. I think it stayed tacky because I de-moulded too quickly, that's why I have bought more mould material so I can make several more and not have to wait.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).