• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen Boxes

First Name
Dan
One of my many market research related posts.

Pen Boxes. Do you use them? Any design that you would like me to try and source? How much do you currently pay? Pictures would help :bwink:

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
Just so it's in this thread here are the boxes I'd want. I paid £2.50 each on a 4 for a tenner offer at turners retreat but I bought the last of them and they said they wouldn't be getting any more of this box.
dahesu6y.jpg

huse6u5a.jpg

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
One of my many market research related posts.

Pen Boxes. Do you use them? Any design that you would like me to try and source? How much do you currently pay? Pictures would help :bwink:

Now theres a question or three, so far I am really struggling to find suitable boxes, probably need two types to fit, largeish pens Jr Gents & bigger and smaller pens, streamline, slimline, sierra, european etc with both in single & twin types. :whistling::whistling:

I will be watching with great interest :thinks::thinks:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I think a nice cardboard box that a business card will fit in the lid would be best for most people for general sales at fairs and shows because it wont increase the price of the pen to much the wooden or velvet boxes are great for that special sale for birthdays, Christmas and the like but lets be honest boxes just get shoved in the draw to never see daylight ever again

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Used to make my own wooden boxes, but as woody says, they end up in a drawer somewhere!
I'm working on my own cardboard boxes, but with a pallet wood insert for stability.
Part sorted, but still not a reality, too much gets in the way!

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
I think Woody correct - apart from the odd presentation box a decent cardboard one would do for me. It shouldn't increase the price too much.

Bob.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I could go for some cheap unfinished wooden boxes.
Saves making em dunnit, depends what type though.
I would want something to put a large pen or more in.

cookie21

First Name
Barry
Black would be better if available, don't really see the need to get a business card inside, a lady on ebay prints small stickers very cheap, thats what I use in my boxes not found the right box yet though

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).