• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Help and Info needed

trapper

Registered
Ok guys, I woke up this morning with my mad professor hat on. I Have been pondering a design for a replicator that can be strapped to the lathe bed, in my case a sheppach. The "replicator" will be an x-y axis holding a cross slide and compound attachement with a tool post that will carry tooling similar to that used on a metal lathe. A stylus will be fitted to the base of the slide which can trace along a template while the tooling cuts a blank carried on the lathe (mandrel or between centre) thus allowing matching pens or components to be machined and no cnc in sight!!!. You could design your profiles and cut the template on a bandsaw.

Before I finally call "penturners anonymous" would anyone be interested in an attachement of this nature........ i know stateside you can by similar items for Jet lathes for about £200 but sadly they wont supply them to the UK....... I've asked.

If there is any interest I will build a prototype....... thats posh speak for string and elastic bands:funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).