• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

3D Printing (ROWDYS PEN BLANK CHUCK)

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
At work I have managed to get access to a 3D printer. Watching it was amazing, so simple yet so brilliant for proto-typing.
It got the old juices going so I spent a few hours using Solidworks and designed myself a ROWDY PEN BLANK CHUCK and printed the chucks out in ABS as I was informed that this would be OK for my needs.
Each one took 2 hours to print but worth the wait and they works a treat... :thumbs::thumbs:

Some photos, shame about the colour....

Thoughts :thinks:

Attachments

• sorby6.jpg
    sorby6.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 101
  • sorby5.jpg
    sorby5.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 100
  • sorby4.jpg
    sorby4.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 98
  • sorby3.jpg
    sorby3.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 99
  • sorby1.jpg
    sorby1.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 100

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Ain't they just marvellous machines and a brilliant result.
I am green with envy init?

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Really impressive and if they work even better :thumbs:
My only concern would be that as they could easily crack by someone tightening them too hard :thinks:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
At last, something useful I have seen from a 3d printer, they look robust and I am sure they will be up to the job, well done:thumbs:

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).