• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Router?

Jim

Grand Master
No Mark, its one i bought awhile ago, but yet to use it ... :whistling:

Thou i have been watching a few Trent router lathes on ebay of late, but the prices are not what i am willing to pay at the moment ... :bwink:

trapper

Registered
Yep I've been after a router lathe for ages sadly trand have discontinued manufacture......... anyone ver tried a pen wizard like a mini one for penturners uses a dremmel for the router either way they seem difficult and expensive to get hold of:nooidea:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I have watched a few youtube videos about the pen wizard, i doubt i would buy one of these, to much messing about and very slow, :down:

Jim

Grand Master
Gust of of curiosity what breed is it?

It's a Trend T11EK 1/2" Mark ... I really need to get this doing some work, its has been sat in the house at the back of the settee for over 18 months ... :whistling:

Yep I've been after a router lathe for ages sadly trand have discontinued manufacture......... anyone ver tried a pen wizard like a mini one for penturners uses a dremmel for the router either way they seem difficult and expensive to get hold of:nooidea:

Your right Steve, they stopped making these a few years ago now, i will keep watching ebay for one near by for a decent price ... :bwink:

I agree with Tony regarding the Pen Wizard, its not for me.

Jed Baxter

Registered
I have a friend who has a trend router lathe from which i have seen some lovely finished items, mainly candlestick holders, and table lamp holders. What is good with these is the fact of its repeatability, he has it down to a T, when finished each turning looks identical.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).